Statement of faith
The contributors to probingfaith.com subscribe to the following statement of faith (based in part on the Nicene Creed):
- We believe in one God, consisting of three persons; the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- God made heaven and earth, all that is, whether visible or invisible.
- We believe in one Lord, the Son, Jesus Christ, eternally begotten (not created) of the Father.
- Through the Son, all things were made.
- The Son came from heaven, by the power of the Holy Spirit who caused the virgin Mary to conceive; thus the Son was made man.
- For our sake the Son was crucified under Pontius Pilate; he suffered death and was buried; on the third day he rose again bodily as prophesied by the scriptures.
- Jesus ascended into heaven, where he sits at the right hand of the Father.
- Jesus will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit who gives life.
- We believe in one holy church, being prepared to be a bride for Jesus Christ.
- We acknowledge one baptism into Christ.
- Only through Christ are sins forgiven once and for all.
- At the end of this age, all who have died will be resurrected and all people will be judged. All those whose sins are pardoned by the blood of the resurrected Christ will enter into eternal life with God.
- We believe that the Old and New Testament scriptures were written by God through men and are reliable in matters of faith, conduct and doctrine.
- We believe that all people are made in God's image and must be accorded dignity and respect.